Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Weekend in Review

This past weekend was so much fun! We got started early on Friday- something that rarely happens- and had an Opening Ceremony party!! I am not the best baker, chef or crafter for that matter, you will probably see many more posts like this one... I am a Try-er. I love to try to make new things and feel very thankful when things work out, because let's face it, it's about a 75-25 chance that I screw it up. But these bad boys, these were a success! Out of this whole plate, I only got 1 square to myself. I am not sure what to call them (again, I seriously lack the creative gene...), maybe Oreo Treats? They are basically Rice Krispie Treats made with Oreo cookies instead of Rice Krispies. Oreo's alone are amazing, but add a little marshmallow and MMMMM!  We added a little bit of red, white and blue sprinkles in honor of the Olympics.







Fruit is always a staple in our house, so of course we had some fruit salad. Super yummy and super easy!
 
 
 This is one massive bowl of sausage....
 
 
 My Sister-in-Law made this once and I have been hooked ever since. It's a super easy recipe  (LOVE), makes a ton which is great for feeding your favorite friends and it isn't a very heavy pasta dish.
 
 
 
 The finished product. Add a little shredded parmasean cheese and you are done!
 
 
 Of course this happened again with the kiddos. Luke said the only reason Uncle Scott was coming over was to push him in the car... sweet, sweet, kid.






 
 
 The Opening Ceremonies fell on this swwet girl'd first birthday. it is so fun seeing her toddle around.
 
 
 We had to wear the kids out to be able to sit and watch the Opening Ceremonies so there were lots of games of chase, races and tag.
 
 
 While we enjoyed watching the Olympics, the kids enjoyed their snack and Frozen better.
 
 
 Our new house is just down the street from our best friends, and it is so fun to be able to walk to their house. We used to be a loooong 45-minute drive apart, so this is soo nice. Saturday was a joint birthday party for their 2 kids who are 2 year and 2 days apart. We grabbed their gifts, got the wagon and headed over for the party.
 
 
Here are the big kids, including the big 3-year-old birthday boy, having some pizza. The big one-year-old birthday girl was busy making the rounds and playing with grandparents. Isn't that table runner the cutest!
 
 
 I took this because her itty bitty pony tail is just THE CUTEST!
 
 
 MMM the perfect cupcakes for a joint boy and girl party!
 
 
 Sweet favors for the kiddos.
 
 
Happened to get both birthday kids in with the presents
 
 
Time for cake- this is Sadie's smash cake.
 
 
The birthday boy blowing out his candles. 





Big brother helping little sister blow out her candle.

 

 
 
Landon turned his cupcake into a smash cake too!



 
 
Here is some of the aftermath of sitting down to watch more olympics while having popcorn. I think at one time, I saw Chloe trying to use her bowl as a cup to drink the popcorn, sigh. 


We also did some yard work this weekend. While Aaron was busy hedging, the kids and I tried to clean up what he cut. Chloe was such a big helper, Luke too. I had to do double duty because she couldn't reach the trash can so I would dump my leaves then pick her up so she could dump hers. Buuut, I won't turn down the help, especially when they do it freely!
 
After helping in the yard, the best reward is making cookies!
Isn't this ponytail Epic!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment