Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Kid Workshops by Home Depot

Like most of you, I am always looking for fun, hands-on activities for my little ones. The Home Depot puts on Kid Workshops on the first Saturday of each month between 9am and 12pm. Each month is a different project, a wagon, a birdhouse, etc. This month's was a Fire Truck. My kids LOVE cars and trucks so this was such a big deal to them. The Home Depot has this whole kid workshop thing down. Each child is provided with their own The Home Depot apron, a certificate and pin for completion and all tools necessary for the project including wood pieces, nails, stickers, paint, brushes you name it! We have done this a few times and the kids have just loved it. And I love that we are all doing something together and it is new for all of us every time.
 
We were at Pismo Beach, CA this past weekend and actually popped over to The Home Depot in SLO to do the kid workshop.
 
Aaron helped Luke build his Fire Truck and my dad helped Chloe. 


 
This is how my 4-year-old takes pictures....
 
 Once all of the pieces were nailed and glued together, the kids got to paint! Chloe LOVES to paint, my little lefty :)
 
Luke did a great job too!









After the paint dried, it was time to get the wheels on....

...And add the stickers!

This is ALSO how my 4-year-old takes pictures...
 
Chloe and my dad, cheezing with the finished product.

 And of course, while the boys went off to look at Halloween decorations, Chloe painted the instructions.  

If you haven't done one of these workshops you should! Did I mention that it is FREE! Yup, not a darn penny comes out of our pocket for this great experience. Check it out in your local area.  The project for next week is a Veteran's Day Toy Helicopter!

No comments:

Post a Comment