Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Now You See Me 2 - Movie Review






I love a good robin hood story, don't you? And I love it EVEN more when magicians show you how they did their tricks or illusions. You get both of those in this movie. I loved the first one that came out a few years ago, so I was so excited to see that they made a sequel.

The movie starts off about 18 months after the first one ends. The Horsemen are still in hiding while the FBI is looking for them. However, they stage an epic comeback to take down a tech magnate and show the FBI the real masterminds behind it all. Now You see Me 2 did a great job to extend the story from the first movie and expand on it without being boring. This movie had me just as captivated as the first installment. Lizzy Caplan did a great job replacing Isla Fisher- even though Isla is set to appear in the third installment.

It is still weird for me to see Daniel Radcliffe as anything but Harry Potter, even though I know he has tried desperately to break that stereotype.

You learn more about Dylan Rhodes (Mark Ruffalo) and his connection to all of this, with a surprising twist in the end. There were a few predictable moments, but the ending, OHHH the ending. I was shocked. I typically spend a movie trying to figure out what is really going on and predicting what will happen. This movie was all about misdirection, as a movie about magicians should be. I loved the ending and how they pulled it off.

This is one of the best sequels I have seen in a looonng time. If you want to enjoy yourself while catching up with your old pals from Now You See Me, check out Now You See Me 2!

Can't wait to see the third one!

No comments:

Post a Comment