Monday, August 7, 2017

2017 Roadtrip part 7 (Zion and driving home)

Well, we have come to the last leg of our trip, Zion National Park. The original plan was to make the 2 hour drive to the park, explore and then get to our hotel in St. George with the plan that we would hit the Hoover Dam the following day on our drive home. However, the Brianshead fire caused a change in plans. We ended up driving all the way home from Bryce Canyon in one day- 11 hours of driving total. Luckily, we were already on the way to Zion when we made the decision to keep heading home so we did get to see it a little bit. 

There were several tunnels in Zion and they were pretty neat.




The smoke made it pretty hazy, so we only stopped a few times really quick to take pictures. 













Another tunnel...


Who sleeps like this?





I sure wish we could have explored more, but fingers crossed we will make our way back there again soon.

We drove through a very small part in Arizona and then...

Over to Nevada

It was a really long drive home, but the upside about getting home a day early was one more day to recover before heading back to work. When we rented our van, there was only 100 miles on it!

This trip was absolutely amazing. I kept my expectations in check because I know traveling with kids can be unpredictable, but really, they couldn't have done any better. I loved the memories we made that I will always carry with me. And now all I wonder is... where should we go next year???

No comments:

Post a Comment